Tuesday, May 19, 2009

2 days in chennai with full of thoughts and shock





2 days in chennai and i cannot explain the things i have seen and all the thoughts that are in my mind.
summing it up , the feeling is one of amazement , shock , surprise , empathay , frustration , angryness, sadness and surrealness.
summing this up there are a thousand things i want to say , the people that i have met , the experiences these few days have taught me that being there is anything better then watching on tv.
the proverty and the children in chennai made me really realise the reality of the country . the touts which are everywhere really annoy me. the beggers who you cannot avoid when walking down chennai. the people who are good hearted and just want to earn a decent living. the temple cheats that are always using a blessing to cheat the unsuspecting tourists. the culture , history that dazzles me. the chennai heat that constantly gives me a headache. the poor people of chennai always looking for ways to earn your money. the full onslaught of the culture of the place. is all really over whelming me !
this is a place to love , hate , ignore , empathize and feel all over agian.
and for me chennai will occupy this special place in my heart.
met many people
a kind hearted man who guided me at the airport and on the plane who was there to visit his relatives who are having a wedding.
the airport taxi guy who was the same age as me chatting and saying that it is hard to make a living in chennai and asked for opportunities in singapore
the auto rickshaw old man who was really loud and persitant but also very pitiful , who made me an accessory to his way to earn.
the temple tout who badly resmerise as a genuine tour guide who i was angryly shoved away.
all the people i have met and made this 2 days memorable.
also the person who is always on my mind which i will not say who it is.
till another post ! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment