Saturday, June 20, 2009

short recaps of my trips

bengalore

with its cool and high elevation. also a main transport hub with very affluent people working and living in it. bengalore has been a great place to stay in.no lack of historical and monuments to visit. visiting bengalore has been an eye opener itself. the palaces of the tiku sultan and all his wisdom and splendor was really an eye opener.not to forget the mumerious musuems deidicated to education and science.

mysore

using bengolore as a base. mysore as not as bad as the name suggests as it has got an incredible palace which is rich in historic culture and magnificience.on sundays and public holidays, the palace will come to light and show its colourful side of itself.there is also an audio guide which was very carefully thought out that really enhances your experience when you first step into the palace.worth every penny paid for the entrance fee.

hospet - hampi

as te name sound , hampi is a world heritage site listed in the unesco listing as one of the sites that is worth protecting and heck i say this site MUST be worth protecting. the scale of the site in hampi and the cultural importance as a hindu site of worshipping and where the monkey god hamuna was born too. i didn't know how big the area was until i saw rows and rows of temples , tanks and hill top stone balancing precarilous on the side drops. also beautifully preserved and the temples are tactfully spaced out in order of which temples anyone will visit first is really amazing. these temples are literally polished white and stands in a shining glare against the dessert like back drop of the indian grasslands.

mumbai

this city is one word - MASSIVE ! duh , i actually took the wrong bus which does not go to the main station cst and dropped off in socin then to dardar and took a communter train to cst terminal. i did;t know how big was bombay till i saw the outskirts and such. will update when i have the time.

ok , this is a quick update , am now in aurangabad and will be making my trip up north ( 14 hours) by bus to ahmedabad where gandhi first built his ashram based on non violent and is also a mojor transport and transit hub to the inter parts of gajurat.

till then miss you all !.

1 comment:

  1. My Dearest nephew Jeremy,

    There are tears in my eyes as I write this message. Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought someone within the family circle could develop and nurture the same passion as I have in seeing the world. When I was your age, I have seen many parts of Asia and did my first journey to Europe on a "grand" 24-day tour. I did on an all-paid holiday so I never had to worry what time I would arrive at my next destination and whether there would be a warm room and bed in the cold Spring air.

    You chose a different mode and path, and I dare say you do have a great deal of courage ! I salute you for your beliefs and convictions and I now will no longer see you as a young graduate with no worldy experiences. I am in deed very proud of you now and I hope you will continue to enjoy the rest of India and make more discoveries of a life-time.

    With love from U. L. Tiang.

    ReplyDelete